Associate, Financial Inclusion and Resilience New York, New York
Title: Associate, Financial Inclusion and Resilience
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: New York, New York
Vignetic is looking for an Associate, Financial Inclusion and Resilience candidate who will help design and operationalize our Financial Inclusion & Resilience vertical, supporting client education and decision-making at every stage of implementation of programs to help working families build economic security and wealth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Program design and implementation: The Associate will support the design of the FIR program and support the Business Engagement team as they help our clients implement the FIR pillar. Activities related to this workstream include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the design of a practical and consequential practice that helps companies explore, assess, design, and implement a FIR program for their employees
- Interfacing with a wide array of potential financial services providers, quickly evaluating options, testing them with experts, and executing partnership agreements
- Engaging all relevant stakeholders – from employees and HR professionals to financial services experts – to routinely seek feedback and integrate it into our process
- Joining client meetings as needed to support them in the choice and onboarding of a financial wellness partner
- Managing a large network of partner-providers, experts, and other interest groups to continually drive successful, innovative client implementations
- Designing workshops and workshop materials for clients, creating reports and pitch decks, and synthesizing conversations
- Thought leadership: The Associate will support the team in deepening our subject matter expertise and building the field of financial wellness in the context of employee ownership. Activities related to this workstream include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a comprehensive vantage on the workplace financial wellness field, keeping its partners on the cutting edge of innovation in this space
- Managing knowledge-capture process including a catalogue of best practices and learnings, to build out internal knowledge-base and documentation in this area
- Supporting the marketing and communications team to build out thought leadership and marketing materials in the financial wellbeing space
- Administration and miscellaneous:
- Supporting data management and entering FIR program data into Salesforce platform
- Working with the development team to identify funding opportunities and craft funding proposals focused on financial inclusion that expand company impact in this space
- Other duties as assigned (for example supporting events management as they relate to FIR-related activities)
- A bachelor’s degree and 2-5 years of experience in financial inclusion, financial wellness, social impact, consulting, financial services, impact investing, program management, or public policy, either in the private sector or non-profit sector. Client (or stakeholder)-facing experience is highly desirable.
- High tolerance for ambiguity: The most important part of this role will be to understand that this is novel work because we are building the field of financial wellness in the context of employee ownership, and we are building a practice supported by the trust of our clients and partners. We will take opportunities to be bold when we have openings, but we also understand that this work takes time.
- Empathy and non-judgment: While being an expert in financial wellness is not a requirement for this role, a key quality for the successful candidate is to understand that people face significant barriers in attaining high levels of financial wellbeing. Our role is to design and surface non-judgmental, practical solutions to help employee-owners build their financial resilience and lead with compassion, respect, and understanding.
- Ability to efficiently create slides in PowerPoint and succinct memos
- Background in managing data, including data related to personal information, or CRM experience would be desirable but not required
- Ability to independently drive a workstream as part of a broader team project
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Highly responsive and collaborative team player
- Proven time management and multi-tasking abilities while maintaining excellent attention to detail