Associate Software Developer Princeton, NJ
Title: Associate Software Developer
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: 100% remote until return-to-office determined (Edmonton, Alberta)
Vignetic is seeking for a highly dedicated, motivated, and passionate Associate Software Developer striving to find the best solutions to problems. As part of the scrum team, you will participate in all aspects of product development- design, development, integration, and testing.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Engage in the full software development lifecycle for SaaS platform.
- Build required security elements during the development of software systems.
- Participate in operational monitoring supported by automated monitoring and an incident management process.
- Team on-call rotation required.
- Troubleshoot incidents and implement adequate solutions to restore and maintain system function.
- Contribute to our Agile environment, including participation in planning, refinement, and other activities.
- Actively participate in implementing DevOps, CI/CD, static code analysis, and test automation.
- Continually support peers on your team to help them improve.
- Keep current with technology trends and advancements.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of experience delivering production code in Java, Kotlin, or C#.
- Deep understanding of concepts such as:
- Object-oriented design
- Data structures
- Data management
- Coding standards
- Code reviews
- Source control management
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices.
- Experience with developing scalable, distributed, highly available systems in an AWS environment.
- Working experience in Agile and DevOps environment.
- Database development experience with SQL / NoSQL databases (e.g. SQL Server, MySQL, Apache Ignite, and others.).
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Be comfortable with the tools we use:
- JFrog Artifactory
- nUnit-based testing framework
- Strong development skills in one or more of the following languages:
- Experience with:
- Real-time distributed systems
- “Infrastructure as Code” (IaC) tools such as Terraform
- RESTful and SOAP web services
- Data Analytics
- Software and systems architecture
- Docker containers and container management services such as Kubernetes
- ETL process with a specific focus on SQL as the primary functional language
- Cable or Satellite industry knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Physical Requirements & Notes:
- This is a conscious, clean, well-organized, and supportive office environment.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer are normal.
- All candidates must pass a successful background screening (including professional reference checks and drug testing).
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada (Visa sponsorship is not available for this position).