Business Analytics & Forecasting Senior Manager Princeton, NJ
Title: Senior Manager, Global Business Analytics & Forecasting
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Vignetic is looking for a Senior Manager, Global Analytics & Forecasting to help shape global commercial development strategies for our products and programs through integrating insights from forecasting, primary market research, second data analytics, and competitive intelligence. This role is responsible to support various programs within our early launch and pipeline portfolios, which covers therapies for solid and liquid tumors in Oncology.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide sound analytics support for pipeline products.
- Generate deep & actionable business insights, incorporating multiple data sources, deep global business understanding and oncology to directly inform and shape near and long-term business decisions.
- Deliver compelling action-oriented recommendations based on holistic insights and high caliber analytics (either on the outcomes- shares, growth or drivers of outcome, price, promotion, distribution, channel dynamics etc. or mining for business opportunities within our regions).
- Integrate and engage cross-functional stakeholders to demonstrate analytic impact and decisions enabled with strong data.
- Demonstrate rethinking and developing effective workflows and processes for analytics identifying unmet needs, challenges, inefficiencies, and duplication.
- Develop global capabilities to drive analytic rigor and focus across our functional teams.
- Be part of the global insights team that represent analytics serving as a thought partner and sounding board for the business leaders by developing compelling data-driven insights.
- Translate complex concepts into meaningful data-driven stories that resonate with both Leadership and non-technical audiences.
- Perform in-depth analyses of products, therapeutic areas, and companies to support, portfolio analysis/decision making, competitive intelligence as well as licensing and M&A activities.
- Understand scientific concepts and to analyze unrelated and sometimes incomplete data to make significant judgments about external and internal business issues and concepts.
- Apply principles of logic or scientific thinking to a wide range of complex intellectual and practical problems.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Analytics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics/Statistics/computer Science, or similar field of study
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience of commercial/business analytics with strong application experience OR a minimum of 6 years’ experience of commercial/business analytics with strong application experience with a master’s/advance degree
- Proven experience in synthesizing and driving business impact utilizing information from multiple disparate sources
- Analytical and strategic mindset to think about the near- and long-term team and evolution of analytics capabilities
- Proficiency reporting/analytics tools (e.g., Excel, Power BI, Tableau) is required
- Basic knowledge in Modelling skills (R, Python, SPSS, SAS)
- Strong communication and presentation skills with proven track record of using insights to influence executive sand colleagues to action.
- Strong analytical skills, such as data modeling, decision analysis, forecasting, or product valuation, is required
- Experience in business analytics, especially quantitative market research for commercial opportunity assessment in the context of pipeline compound development, is preferred
- Experience in oncology preferred
- Strong learning agility to quickly establish sound understanding of a new disease area or master a new functional skill
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to present complicated findings in a simple manner
- Collaboration skills and ability to form and maintain cross-functional partnership
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously