Clinical R&D Director Chicago, IL
Title: Clinical R&D Director
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Major Cities in USA
As a Director, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
• Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
• Coach others, recognize their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
• Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
• Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
• Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
• Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
• Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
• Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
• Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarizing key points.
• Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• Degree Required: Bachelor’s Degree
• Fields of Study: Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Cell Biology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Health/Engineering, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Medicine/Health
• Minimum years Required: 10+ years
• Degree Preferred: Master of Business Administration
• Demonstrates proven success in roles and extensive knowledge involving Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences R&D, preferably obtained through one or more of the following:
– Academic scientific research;
– Direct work within the industry (e.g. pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, biotechnology, generics, medical device, instrumentation, and diagnostic companies);
– Contract service organizations to the industry (e.g. CRO);
– Regulatory health authorities / agencies overseeing the industry (e.g. FDA);
– Non-profit organizations supporting life sciences scientific advancement;
– Government agencies supporting life sciences scientific advancement (e.g. NSF, CDC);
– Analyst / research / benchmarking companies covering the industry (e.g. CMR/KMR);
– Consulting companies delivering to the industry; and,
– Organizations representing the industry (e.g. PhRMA).
• Demonstrates proven success in roles and extensive abilities in one or more of the following areas:
– R&D Strategy: R&D Strategic Planning;
– R&D Strategic Decision Making;
– R&D Finance Strategy;
– R&D Performance Management;
– R&D M&A / Deals / Transactions R&D Planning;
– Management, and Operations: R&D Operations Strategy;
– R&D Operations Planning;
– R&D Operations Management
– R&D Operations Transformation;
– R&D Innovation, Product Development, Product Lifecycle Management;
– R&D Finance Operations;
– R&D Procurement;
– R &D Sourcing R&D Organization / People: R&D Organizational Design;
– R&D Talent Management;
– R&D Workforce Planning;
– R&D Talent Performance Management;
– R&D Training and Change Management R&D Process: Process Mapping, Process Design, Process Optimization and Redesign;
– R&D Analytics: Enterprise R&D Information Management;
– Enterprise R&D Reporting;
– Enterprise R&D Analytics;
– Enterprise R&D Information;
– Visualization R&D Technology: R&D Technology Requirements Gathering;
– R&D Technology Design;
– R&D Technology User Acceptance Testing
– R&D Technology Implementation;
– R&D Risk / Compliance: R&D Internal Audit;
– R&D Risk Assessment; and,
– R&D Risk Management and Control.
• Demonstrates proven success in roles and extensive abilities to lead client-facing consulting teams, including the following areas:
– Communicating with external clients and internal staff in an organized and knowledgeable manner;
– Leveraging project management and project facilitation skills, especially with leading and facilitating teams and developing client proposals;
– Managing multiple, complex projects with medium to large staff teams;
– Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
– Communicating value propositions;
– Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials;
– Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; and,
– Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.