Clinical R&D Manager San Diego, CA
Title: Clinical R&D Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Major Cities in USA
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognize their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarizing key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Degree Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Fields of Study: Biochemistry, Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Cell Biology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Health/Engineering, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Medicine/Health
- Minimum years Required: 5 years
- Degree Preferred: Master of Business Administration
- Demonstrates proven success in roles and extensive knowledge involving Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences R&D, preferably obtained through one or more of the following:
- Academic scientific research;
- Direct work within the industry (e.g. pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, biotechnology, generics, medical device, instrumentation, and diagnostic companies);
- Contract service organizations to the industry (e.g. CRO);
- Regulatory health authorities / agencies overseeing the industry (e.g. FDA);
- Non-profit organizations supporting life sciences scientific advancement;
- Government agencies supporting life sciences scientific advancement (e.g. NSF, CDC);
- Analyst / research / benchmarking companies covering the industry (e.g. CMR/KMR);
- Consulting companies delivering to the industry; and,
- Organizations representing the industry (e.g. PhRMA).
- Demonstrates proven success in roles and extensive abilities in one or more of the following areas:
- R&D Strategy: R&D Strategic Planning;
- R&D Strategic Decision Making;
- R&D Finance Strategy;
- R&D Performance Management;
- R&D M&A / Deals / Transactions R&D Planning;
- Management, and Operations: R&D Operations Strategy;
- R&D Operations Planning;
- R&D Operations Management
- R&D Operations Transformation;
- R&D Innovation, Product Development, Product Lifecycle Management;
- R&D Finance Operations;
- R&D Procurement;
- R &D Sourcing R&D Organization / People: R&D Organizational Design;
- R&D Talent Management;
- R&D Workforce Planning;
- R&D Talent Performance Management;
- R&D Training and Change Management R&D Process: Process Mapping, Process Design, Process Optimization and Redesign;
- R&D Analytics: Enterprise R&D Information Management;
- Enterprise R&D Reporting;
- Enterprise R&D Analytics;
- Enterprise R&D Information;
- Visualization R&D Technology: R&D Technology Requirements Gathering;
- R&D Technology Design;
- R&D Technology User Acceptance Testing
- R&D Technology Implementation;
- R&D Risk / Compliance: R&D Internal Audit;
- R&D Risk Assessment; and,
- R&D Risk Management and Control.
- Demonstrates proven success in roles and extensive abilities to lead client-facing consulting teams, including the following areas:
- Communicating with external clients and internal staff in an organized and knowledgeable manner;
- Leveraging project management and project facilitation skills, especially with leading and facilitating teams and developing client proposals;
- Managing multiple, complex projects with medium to large staff teams;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Communicating value propositions;
- Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials;
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; and,
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.