Contract Associate Data Analyst Jersey City, New Jersey
Title: Contract Associate Data Analyst
Job Type: Contract
Primary Location: Jersey City, New Jersey (HYBRID)
Vignetic is looking for a passionate certified Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions for our Fortune 500 client.
We are looking for a passionate certified Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
Data Analyst Job Duties
Data analyst responsibilities include conducting a full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Requirements and skills
- 2-3 years experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- Technical expertise in data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting tools/databases such as SQL, Tableau, and PowerBI
- Strong preference for candidates that possess hands-on experience with SQL
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS, etc)
- Strong analytics with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing, and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, or Statistics