CurRent NYC Application Support – Senior Database Developer Brooklyn, NYC
Title: Senior Database Developer
Job Type: Contract
Primary Location: Brooklyn, NYC (Onsite)
Our client is looking for Landlord Data Analytics project who will develop technological and analytical protocols necessary to ensure the integrity of landlord data records, property records and landlord payment processes associated with the rental assistance programs administered by the Human Resources Administration (HRA). In particular, the project will utilize data mining and analytic techniques to proactively identify and address data accuracy issues, and to leverage its findings and expertise to help optimize the design of the application, client’s system of record for landlord and property data used to issue rental payments. The landlord, property and payment data will be publicly available via the portal. By ensuring the integrity of this data on behalf of the agency, this project will be key to developing effective relationships with the landlords that house the Agency’s clients, to ensuring that payments are accurate and timely, to maximizing moveouts from shelters, to minimizing evictions and shelter re-entry, and to safeguarding the agency’s reputation.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures, and triggers to support application development.
- Assist with schema design, SQL Query tuning, improve application schema and data upgrades.
- Ensure data quality and integrity in databases.
- Identify any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
- Proactively and regularly make recommendations for systems improvements.
- Prepare design specifications and functional documentation.
- Participate in database design architecture sessions to support application development.
- Provide guidance and support to Application Developers.
Essential skills and requirements:
- Minimum 4 Years hands on coding skills in writing packages, procedures, functions, analytical functions.
- Minimum 4 Years Database data modelling a plus.
- Minimum 4 Years Experience in building high quality, data heavy applications.
- Minimum 4 Years Proficient in analyzing and understanding highly technical information.
- Minimum 4 Years Ability to adapt, grasp & perform in a fast-paced environment subject to challenges in identifying bad data & bringing qualitative techniques to improve data quality.
- Minimum 4 Years Analyzing and Visualizing data
- Minimum 4 Years Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access
- Minimum 4 Years SQL programming experience
- Minimum 4 Years Experience with administrative data and producing concise reports for decision makers
- Minimum 4 Years Ability to be creative, flexible, strategic, collaborative and innovative