Cybersecurity Telecomm/Data Processing – Windows Engineer Brooklyn, NYC
Title: Windows Engineer
Job Type: Contract
Primary Location: Brooklyn, NYC (Onsite)
Vignetic is initiating the Emergency Cybersecurity Project. Taking advantage of new technological capabilities will improve the speed and ease with which the client can keep their Cyber infrastructure up to compliance and secured from modern threats and vulnerabilities. The client has a responsibility to their clients as well as the staff to secure and protect all personal, business, and confidential data hosted within as well as accessed through our IT systems. The Cloud services, Licenses, Automation, Support and Professional Services will bring the client into Compliance with Modern Cyber Security standards and help keep the agency from frequent breakdowns and failures. This will help save money in the long run and keep the agency secure from ongoing threats.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Plan, manage, coordinate and deploy/configure systems upgrade as well as address any day-to-day issues.
- Plans, manage, coordinates and deploying/configuring operating systems upgrade from Microsoft Windows 2008 to Windows 2019 update over 50 legacy operating systems.
- Plans, manage, coordinates and deploying/ configuring operating systems upgrade from Microsoft Windows 2012 to Windows 2019 update over 150 legacy Operating systems in our agencies.
- Plans, manage, coordinates and implement legacy software, Oracle client upgrade from 11c, 12c to 19c with 200+ servers.
- Coordinates with applications teams to Framework upgrades to latest supported versions.
- Configure/ implement apply encryption standards for data at rest.
- Configure group/registry policies to block all unencrypted traffic on all servers.
- Monitor performance and troubleshoot new issues related to the Cyber security mandated changes.
Essential skills and requirements:
- Minimum 4 Years Experience with large-scale migrations to Microsoft Office 365/SharePoint
- Minimum 4 Years SharePoint architecture, including SharePoint 2016,2019, InfoPath Forms, SharePoint Designer Workflows, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, Power Apps, Power Automate
- Minimum 4 Years Experience with supporting SharePoint migrations from On-Premises to Microsoft 365 through various migration methods (Cutover, Staged, Hybrid)
- Minimum 4 Years Proficient with PowerShell, PowerShell Workflow and troubleshooting PowerShell IS
- Minimum 4 Years Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Minimum 4 Years Administer Microsoft Power BI platform and On-Premises Gateway, lead upgrade planning, configuration, and capacity planning.