DevOps Engineer Jersey City, NJ
Title: DevOps Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Jersey City, NJ / Remote
We’re looking a DevOps engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for analyzing system requirements and ensure that systems will offer security and will be effectively integrated with current applications. You will ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels and offer support to application development team regarding new technologies and system requirements. This person will work closely with developers/engineers and product management. Ideally, you are someone that has prior experience with web and mobile applications and are looking to make an impact in a quickly growing startup.
Role & Responsibilities
- Issue Reporting, Engagement, Escalation and Resolution
- Platform Security, Reliability and Stability
- Systematization/Automation and Management of Development and Production Infrastructure
- Build & Release Management
- Data Retention, Storage and Archival
- Monitoring, Alerting, Reporting and Dashboards
- Vendor Management
- Communication and Updates
- AWS Setup and configuration
- Hands on oversight and complete accountability for critical infrastructure services including AWS Cloud and any Bare Metal environments.
- Ensure alignment with technology roadmap.
- Scope, define and implement the infrastructure life cycle management strategy to deliver secure, redundant, and high performance, and maximize the extensibility, scalability, availability, and elasticity of the infrastructure services environment.
- Maintain expertise on all relevant innovations within infrastructure technology especially those pertinent to the online mobile platform
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Will own the entire Build & Release Management lifecycle, which includes build platform ownership, quality engineering hooks, scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various Products and Platforms.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms.
- Manage releases that can be inclusive of application updates, platform patches, security improvements, upgrades, Projects and Programs.
- Where necessary you’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
- Work with various project and open source development tools, including, but not limited to Jira, Confluence and GitHub.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Deploy and support highly available & scalable web-based applications.
- Consider and research emerging technologies to improve current applications, architectures and processes, specifically mobile and social technologies/applications.
- Weekly Release Reporting.
- Own and often lead projects (requirements, design, work planning, risk analysis, etc.) to improve our systems.
- Assist development/engineering with system architecture and planning, to help ensure our products are successful.
- Communicate progress, status, issues, and resolutions to various business units, management and Executive Leadership via verbal and written status reports.
- Good understanding of mobile and web applications, scalability, performance and reliability aspects
- High-proficiency to design, architecture and lay out a plan to build and support large scale cloud environments to support large data systems and applications that use that data
- 5+ years of previous infrastructure management experience
- Experience with build and automation tools, such as Chef, Jenkins and Puppet.
- Experience with Unit Tests
- Experience with version control (Github, etc)
- Experience with cloud-based platforms, such as those that run on Amazon’s Web Service or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience using project management (Basecamp, Asana, etc.), issue tracking (Jira, Pivotal Tracker, etc.), and documentation (Confluence, etc.). software.
- Expertise in deploying large integration-driven mobile applications.
- 3+ years familiarity of metrics (Google Analytics/Firebase, etc.) and production monitoring (New Relic, etc.) standards/guidelines within all work product.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Ability to manage one’s time effectively to meet tight and high expectation deadlines
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with both business and technical people at all levels of the company including senior management.
- Proven ability to effectively perform requirements gathering and documentation.
- Expertise in contributing to budgets and managing project plans effectively.
- Vendor management expertise a plus.
- As a person with a passion for excellence, desire to success, and the ability to be a quick learner, you will thrive in this environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Multi-tiered Application Architecture, Information Architecture, Use Case construction and component-based architectures.
- Healthcare industry experience a plus, with employment at WebMD, Everyday Health, or other types of large-scale mobile applications preferred.
- Infrastructure Support for Languages and Libraries
- Node JS
- React Native and React JS
- Applications & Platforms
- NoSQL Database (Couchbase preferred)
- NoSQL Index Management and Design
- Linux: 10 years
- AWS Cloud Services: 5 years
- IAM polices,
- AWS CLI
- SG, NGW, IGW. ACL
- Docker: 2 years
- Asymmetric Encryption
- Microservice implementation
- Firewall (stateful and non)
- Protocols: DNS, TCP, HTTPS, gRPC, HTTP/2
- Load Balancing