EPM, Anaplan, Manager New York, NY
Title: EPM, Anaplan, Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: NC-Charlotte, GA-Atlanta, CO-Denver, IL-Chicago, DC-Washington, MA-Boston, NY-New York, CA-San Diego, CA-San Francisco, WA-Seattle
Our client is seeking an applicant for a Manager role where you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. A career in Enterprise Performance Management practice will provide the opportunity to work alongside CEOs, CFOs, controllers and treasurers to optimise the structure of their finance functions and improve their contribution to the business. The applicant will support the clients by addressing the challenges of achieving appropriate standards of control, efficient back-office opportunities, and support to the business through insight and challenge. The team helps clients optimise and align financial planning, consolidation, reporting and analytics processes, systems, and information to provide business insights that drive better decisions and actions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge in the management of consulting engagements pertaining to organizational design and operational metrics.
- Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge with design of operational metrics to support strategic plans, dashboard design and benchmarking/standard industry practices.
- Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge and exposure of the common issues facing clients in their industry.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and a proven record of success, managing efforts with identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and a proven track record as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities to leverage business intelligence tools to support the reporting and monitoring of performance metrics.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities with the automation of performance metrics and the technologies that support automation including: Access, SharePoint and the Program Assessment Rating Tool.
- Demonstrates proven extensive technical skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), as well as thorough abilities utilizing Lotus Notes.
- Demonstrates abilities in the following:
- Experience working in an Agile project management environment for tool implementation projects
- Experience in a professional services environment (a combination of industry, management consulting and/or software implementation)
- Experience designing, building and testing leading EPM applications such as OneStream, Anaplan, Oracle EPM or SAP EPM or other for some or all of the following areas:
- Multi dimensional data models (dimensions, hierarchies, attributes…)
- Input template and report build
- Data Integration and Extract Transform and Load (ETL) concepts
- Understanding of calcs (allocation, top-down spreading, currencies)
- Workflow, data permissions and Security
- Working expertise or understanding in many, if not all, of the core Accounting areas:
- Performance Management – executive dashboards management reporting, planning, budgeting & forecasting, analytics & decision support
- Record-to-Report – financial close, consolidation, financial reporting, Fixed Assets, Inventory, Payroll
- Order-to-Cash – order entry, customer credit, invoicing, accounts receivable, collections,
- Procure-to-Pay – procurement, accounts payable, invoicing
- Experience in process improvement or re-engineering initiatives and projects in the core back office accounting and/or FP&A areas as either a consultant or internal role
- Experience in client service orientation such as building solid relationships with clients; approaching clients in an organized manner, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks