Forensics & Investigations- Government Contracts Manager New York, NY
Title: Forensics & Investigations- Government Contracts Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time/ Contract
Primary Location: Major cities in United States
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognize their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarizing key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum Degree Required:Bachelor Degree
- Required Fields of Study: Accounting, Economics, Business Administration/Management
- Minimum Years of Experience: 5 year(s)
- Certification(s) Preferred: Certified Public Accountant
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills:
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas
- Understanding of accounting, auditing or financial analysis;
- Having government contract consulting is preferred
- Understanding government contracting, with concentrated experience in government accounting;
- Applying the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Cost Principles and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and recommend design solutions for Government contractors;
- Designing cost structures and design cost accounting practices;
- Having Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) experience is acceptable if no prior industry experience; and,
- Researching pertinent client, industry and technical matters
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust;
- Seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation;
- Coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback;
- Planning and executing projects that involve organizational transformation of business processes, controls, and/or technology applications;
- Identifying and addressing client needs by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Communicating value propositions;
- Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections;
- Preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials; and,
- Coordinating work across teams with different competencies, functions, skills, or capabilities.