IT Development and Management – Application Developer_13 Brooklyn, NYC
Title: Application Developer
Job Type: Contract
Primary Location: Brooklyn, NYC (Onsite)
Our client has a constant increased need for the provision of full systems life cycle applications development on various computer platforms, including a variety of client eligibility and recertification systems, employment/work engagement services, claims systems, etc., that are critical to the operation and functioning of the client’s programs, requiring periodic refinements to maintain the applications at optimum service levels. Having a project portfolio which properly reflects the user’s business needs and the client’s workload is crucial.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop System Design
- Develops and prepares documents for the general design of solutions that meet system and security requirements, including the selection of alternative approaches.
- Develops specifications for databases, communication systems, hardware, network, security, storage and software configurations.
- Develops structured diagrams for the specifications of databases, communication systems, computer or storage area networks, security or network programs.
- Develop and maintain PL/SQL Packages, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, SQL statements in Oracle 12c.
- Develop system documentation
- Develop operational and installation procedures for communication systems, hardware, network, security, storage and software.
- Develops guidelines and upgrade techniques of new operational procedures for the support of databases, hardware systems, operating systems software, network systems software, security and client server systems.
- Develops, compiles, maintains and documents configurations of the following: databases, servers, computers, security and network monitor systems, packaged programs, macros, utilities, and communication systems.
- Perform System Coding
- Create the program code in .NET environment
- Provide general programming assistance to other MIS programmers/projects as may be needed.
- Test and maintain the program code to make sure it meets all the functional requirements.
Essential skills and requirements:
- Minimum 4 Years Experience with Development and Maintenance of PL/SQL Packages, Stored Procedures,
- Functions, Triggers, SQL statements in Oracle 12c.
- Minimum 4 Years Experience with Performance Tuning including tuning/optimizing SQL, PL/SQL code.
- Minimum 4 Years Experience working with XML Processing, Object oriented programming with large objects.
- Minimum 4 Years Experience with data structures, data manipulation, databases, design, programming, testing and implementation.
- Minimum 4 Years Experience with technical and user documentation, software conversion.