IT Development and Management – System Administrator_3 Brooklyn, NYC
Title: System Administrator
Job Type: Contract
Primary Location: Brooklyn, NYC (Onsite)
Our client has a constant increased need for the provision of full systems life cycle applications development on various computer platforms, including a variety of client eligibility and recertification systems, employment/work engagement services, claims systems, etc., that are critical to the operation and functioning of the client’s programs, requiring periodic refinements to maintain the applications at optimum service levels. Having a project portfolio which properly reflects the user’s business needs and the client’s workload is crucial.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop Network Integrity Security System Maintainability
• Develop operational and installation procedures security systems, maintains information as to changes in security infrastructure and impact on agency environment.
• Develop guidelines and upgrade techniques of new operational procedures for the support of Firewalls, IDS, and other security related infrastructure.
• Maintain and monitor licensing and notifies as to renewal dates for security infrastructure in order to prevent interruption in key security and network infrastructure.
• Evaluation and Testing of New Network Integrity Technologies.
• Develop detailed test plans to test the claims and capabilities of vendors in a particular security space so as to normalize results across multiple vendors and come up with a fair rating system in order to provide information for procuring the appropriate technology.
• Interfaces and coordinates with the vendors to accomplish test goals.
• Executes test plans and compiles results of tests in such a way that management has enough information to make a decision.
• Performs other duties.
• Network Integrity Security Infrastructure Implementation and Operation.
• Responsible for configuration and operational maintenance of security infrastructure.
• Work with MIS staff (e.g, managers, senior programmers, support staff, product manager)to plan and advise as to network and security requirements for new projects and enhancements.
• Provide detailed log analysis in case of enquiry into cause and effect of network and security outages.
• Provide assistance to MIS technical support staff when they are unable to resolve a program, access, or IT issue by themselves.
• Occasionally contacts Program Area staff, as may be needed, to clarify the intent of a new feature or resolve a problem.
• Provide general troubleshooting assistance to other MIS programmers/projects as may be needed.
• Network Integrity Security Systems Specifications Management.
• Develop and prepare documents for the general design of solutions that meet system and security requirements, including the selection of alternative approaches.
• Develop specifications for security, communication systems, hardware, network, storage and software configurations.
• Develop detailed test plans and evaluation strategies for the procurement and evaluation of new security technologies and tools that agency looks to procure in its reengineering process.
• Develop strategies for the creation and continual modification of system wide documents including configurations and structured diagrams for the specifications of firewalls, communication systems, wide area networks, security and network programs that will span multiple functional groups.
Essential skills and requirements:
- Minimum 4 Years Core competencies in routing, firewall, Intrusion detection system (IDS) and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) technologies.
- Minimum 4 Years Experience with VoIP technologies and wireless systems, with strong background in VoIP technology deployment in large environments.
- Minimum 4 Years Experience with testing methods and analysis of results using automated tools or custom tools to evaluate network and security infrastructure.
- Minimum 4 Years Experience with troubleshooting and root cause analysis of network outages and slowdowns.
- Minimum 4 Years Ability to communicate effectively, on both a technical and non-technical level, with appropriate Agency staff at all levels, as well as with vendors.
- Minimum 4 Years Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines.