Finance Operations, Manager New York, NY
Title: Finance Operations, Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: CA-Los Angeles, CA-Irvine, GA-Atlanta, CO-Denver, IL-Chicago, MA-Boston, NY-New York, TX-Dallas, CA-San Francisco, WA-Seattle, TX-Houston
Our client is seeking an applicant for a Manager role within the Finance Consulting services practice where you’ll be provided the opportunity to work alongside CEOs, CFOs, controllers, and treasurers to optimize the structure of their finance functions and improve their contribution to the business. You will support our clients by addressing the challenges of achieving appropriate standards of control, efficient back-office opportunities and support to the business through insight and challenge. The candidate shall help clients transform their finance function by executing strategies to reduce functional and operational complexity through streamlined processes, optimized use of technology, and efficient use of resources to deliver cost-effective, high-quality services to all stakeholders.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and a proven record of success in advising global organizations on improving efficiency and effectiveness in finance.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and a proven record of success across one or several of the following core finance cycles, including deep understanding of key process roles, dependencies and technologies:
- Record-to-Report (R2R), including general accounting, close management, consolidation, external reporting, intercompany accounting and chart of accounts design, enabled by key R2R technology such as ERP, Trintech, and Blackline;
- Order-to-Cash (O2C), including ordering, billing, payments, and collections processes enabled by key O2C technology such as Zuora and Salesforce;
- Purchase-to-Pay (P2P), including purchasing, receiving, invoice management, payment and travel & expenses enabled by key P2P technology such as Coupa and Ariba; and,
- Acquire-to-Retire (A2R), including project accounting, capitalization, fixed asset management, depreciation and other fixed asset transactions.
- Demonstrates familiarity with key finance technologies and data, including cloud ERP platforms such as SAP, Oracle, Workday and Microsoft Dynamics. Experience with financial systems selection and implementation is highly valued.
- Demonstrates familiarity with small automation and business intelligence tools such as PowerBi, Alteryx, Tableau, UiPath and how these tools can be applied to Finance processes.
- Demonstrates extensive familiarity with key elements of the finance operating model, including the use of shared services and outsourcing, planning, budgeting, forecasting and management reporting.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and a proven record of success with developing strategy; as well as leveraging applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Projects to write, communicate, facilitate, and present with impact; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, including development and delivery of business proposals, conferences and whitepapers.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success with identifying, obtaining and processing critical data (e.g. benchmarks) to challenge the status quo through innovative thought leadership in the application of standard industry practice solutions for high performing finance functions.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and a proven record of success to contribute to the development of a business vision and manage implementation efforts with complex project management capabilities.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities to identify and address client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and a proven record of success as a team leader supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.