Linux System Administrator New York City, New York
Title: Linux System Administrator
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: New York City, New York
Vignetic is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator who will support ongoing production maintenance and phased rollout implementation of the HR, Benefits, and Timekeeping functions of HR/Payroll systems.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and configuration of the Unix servers supporting the infrastructure of critical citywide applications.
- Function as one of the technical administrators for the group and work with various teams.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in computer science, engineering or a related field and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to datacenter engineering and operations, cloud engineering and operations, complex IT infrastructure engineering; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above.
- Strong experience in RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system administration.
- Strong experience in GIT and Ansible Automation Platform.
- Strong experience in scripting like shell, PERL and Python.
- Experience in AIX systems administration.
- Ability to provision bare metal installs, configure, operate, and maintain systems.
- Perform OS upgrades and patch installations.
- Strong knowledge of Server virtualization, micro partitioning, Dynamic LPAR, and VMware VM.
- Strong knowledge of VMware administration and support experience.
- Strong knowledge of VMware vSphere (ESX and ESXi), vCenter Operations Manager.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle RAC Architecture, configuration, and implementation.
- Support Backup, Recovery, Performance and Tuning of AIX and RHEL systems.
- Experience with Symantec NetBackup. VMware NetBackup implementation experience a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as BMC Patrol a plus.
- Willing to learn new tools and technology.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work and meet project deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and work well with other groups.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working with an enterprise wide, large scale matrix environment.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.