Occupancy Planning Senior Manager Tarrytown, NY
Title: Senior Manager, Occupancy Planning
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Primary Location: Tarrytown, NY
Vignetic is looking for a Senior Manager of Occupancy Planning that will be a part of the Workplace Strategy & Planning team and leads efforts related to strategic occupancy planning, developing both short- and long-term strategies that align with corporate, workforce, workplace and operational strategies for corporate headquarters, research and development laboratories, and remote general administration sites. This candidate will also lead the day-to-day occupancy planning for existing space, working with business units to accommodate new hires and to realign teams as necessary.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Leads development of both short- and long-term strategic occupancy plans for multiple campuses within the US and globally, partnering with Corporate Strategy, Workplace Strategy, Data Analytics, Lab Planning and Real Estate and Workplace Services.
- Builds strong relationships with business unit leaders, site heads, and key business partners to understand space and operational needs, size, and interdependencies with other business units.
- Using predictive models, analyzes existing space inventory, workforce growth trends and corporate growth projections to develop space growth strategies that incorporate and align with corporate, workforce, workplace, and operational strategies.
- Develops and presents business cases for Executive level funding and approval.
- Partners with Real Estate and Workplace Services to develop scenarios and timelines, and make recommendations for space acquisitions, new construction, relocations, and consolidations.
- Partners with Interior Design to develop programs for new space.
- Leads day-to-day occupancy planning for existing spaces, including development of block plans and test fits, working with business units to accommodate new hires and to realign teams as necessary.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent written, graphic, and verbal communication skills; ability to tactfully deliver difficult messages and tailor information to the audience.
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to organize, analyze, and interpret data; ability to create compelling narratives using data; ability to comfortably move between detailed data and high-level strategic conversations.
- Ability to build positive and professional relationships to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong negotiation skills; ability to manage conflict constructively and effectively.
- Ability to understand and successfully navigate the organization.
- Thorough understanding of the occupancy planning methodology.
- Thorough understanding of alternative workplace strategies and metrics related to organizational performance.
- Understanding of science, data analytics and life sciences space requirements.
- Proficient in change management.
- Must be able to thrive in an ambiguous, constantly changing environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office/Project.
- Proficient in the use of space management and strategic facility forecasting software.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- 7-10 years’ experience occupancy planning required; multi-campus, global and laboratory occupancy planning experience strongly preferred.
- 7-10 years’ experience managing people and teams required.