Power BI Developer Jersey City, New Jersey
Title: Power BI Developer
Job Type: Contract
Primary Location: Jersey City, NJ (hybrid & open to fully remote)
Vignetic is looking for a PowerBI Developer who will handle the current demands of our agencies and to properly support the Analytics program.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate proactively with functional users, analysts, and other team members to gather business requirements for reporting.
- Understand business requirements, determine implementation strategy, and translate into reports that conform to reporting best practices and standards.
- Create technical design specifications and develop analytical reports using Microsoft Power BI reporting tools with SAP BW/ HANA as main source for reporting.
- Creation of Bex queries to support Power BI reporting solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues. Debug, tune and optimize report performance.
- Responsible for implementing security on developed PowerBI dashboards in accordance with pre-established architecture.
- Analyze and modify existing reports/dashboard as per change requests.
- Responsible for working with any other BI members to maintain and apply coherent, optimized, integrated, and standardized processes and solutions.
- Responsible for preparing comprehensive documentation required according to methodology for Global BI projects and adhere to SDLC policies.
- Responsible to support the entire implementation effort during all project stages, ensuring that in areas of assigned responsibility milestones and related signoffs are achieved on a timely basis and in accord with current project plan.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- 2 years of hands-on Power BI implementation experience required (2 – 3 implementations).
- 5+ years of analytics implementation in a complex environment.
- Exposure to SAP BW/ HANA is a plus.
- Some experience developing BI solution within SAP BW/ HANA system is highly desired.
- Some experience SAP development experience utilizing ABAP and ABAP Objects a plus.
- A broad understanding of at least two of the main Financial (FI & CO) and Logistics modules (SD & MM) in core SAP ERP preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Prior experience of adapting SAP ERP or SAP BI to a Service sector environment would be definitely advantageous.
- Experience with Finance, Business Intelligence, Data Integration and MDM applications a plus.
- Solid communication skills with a key ability to translate technical subjects into non-technical terms to hold discussion with the business BS in Systems Analysis or equivalent.