Project Manager, Architect Jersey City, New Jersey
Title: Project Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
Vignetic is looking for a Project Manager who will manage the projects portfolio, including Open Architect Operations, Data Integration Services, and Data Architecture. Provide IT support to the non-financial corporate areas, such as Communications, Development, Growth, Risk, and Real Estate, by acting as a liaison with IT groups for ongoing support or IT-related projects implemented in those groups.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Creating long and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines that identify resource and budgetary needs.
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project.
- Communicating with project sponsors and stakeholders to keep the project aligned with their goals.
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected.
- Provide feedback, advice, project updates and encouragement to the team members.
- Manage deadlines and push the team to ensure timeliness.
- Develop internal communication strategies useful in ensuring communication between various departments and organization.
- Host project meetings at least once a week with team and managers.
- Use specific tools and technics (e.g., Smartsheet, Azure DevOps, etc.) to delegate and ensure even distribution of tasks to project team members.
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy.
- Proactive elaboration of materials for sessions with external parties (agency reps, Ops team, etc.).
- Facilitate the documentation of customer requirements and business process using document analysis, requirements workshops, business process description, and use case scenarios.
- Ensure project costs are under budget, recognizing warning signs that a project could experience delays or go over budget.
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change.
- Manage risks and issues faced during the projects.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Leadership skills: able to direct the operations of a project unit to ensure set goals are achieved.
- Problem-solving skills: apply project management principles and methodologies in seeking solutions to project problems.
- Analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business requirements needs and translate them into application and process requirements.
- Interpersonal skills
- The ability to delegate effectively
- Time management skills
- Written and verbal communication skills to interreact with business executives
- Education and Training: Bachelor’s degree in project management or a related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in people and resource management (PMP and/or Agile certification desired).
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel