Retail Cloud Native Senior Architect Chicago, IL
Title: Retail Cloud Native GCP/AWS/AZURE Senior Architect
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Major cities in United States
Role & Responsibilities:
- In partnership with other leaders in the firm, you will focus on selling and delivering cloud solutions using AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud and as a key member of Architecture group, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software, and services on public cloud.
- Promote public cloud internally to sales and delivery teams to drive growth focused on the RCP Industry.
- Educate RCP Industry customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Public Cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
- Develop cloud-based solutions to help our clients solve their most pressing problems.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the public cloud solutions architect community.
- Author or otherwise contribute to public cloud customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within RCP Industry customers to enable them to be cloud advocates.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, delivery teams and support.
- 10+ years of overall experience, to include a minimum of 5 years of enterprise, fulllife cycle in Architecture in the professional IT/Software Development services.
- 5+ years architecting, implementing, and supporting GCP or Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies.
- Self-starter with an in-depth hands-on work experience with RCP Industry large-scale.
- Implementations of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or with AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of J2EE, .NET, and cloud technologies development languages and tools, to continue with development.
- Direct experience migrating applications from the enterprise to public cloud providers (e.g., Amazon, Google, or Microsoft).
- Experience helping development teams build and deploy micro services-based applications in public cloud.
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous. Deployment tools and processes.
- Understanding of emerging technologies and end-user needs.
- GCP/AWS/Azure Cloud Architect Certified.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Experienced, persuasive, and effective presenter, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- 10+ years of experience with Java / J2EE technologies and Architecting solutions using Web technologies.
- 3+ years project experience migrating and deploying cloud-based solutions (GCP, Azure or AWS).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent work
- MBA preferred.
- Understanding of Infrastructure as a Service, Infrastructure as Code, and related concepts on public cloud.
- Proven experience as a successful senior engineer and/or cloud engineer highly desirable Container experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms.
- Understanding of Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Delivery.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long-term planning.
- Knowledge of standard selling disciplines, specifically Solution Selling and RFP management.
- Experience leading high performance, results driven teams with a focus on client satisfaction.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.