Sales Director/VP Princeton, New Jersey
Title: Sales Director/VP
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Princeton, NJ
Vignetic is looking for a Director/Vice President who will work alongside consultancy, research, and Business Development colleagues to support the identification of new consulting opportunities, contribute to the development of persuasive and distinctive proposals to win new projects and to execute projects delivering demonstrable value for clients in a cross-functional (consultancy + research) setting.
• Capitalize on client contact and collaborate with Consultancy, Business Development team and Research colleagues to support the identification and conversion of new clients/business opportunities.
• Support US Consultancy, Research and Business Development colleagues in the identification of new global opportunities for US headquartered clients to expand existing client base.
• Actively support the identification and work-up of new Consultancy business segments to support the continued expansion of the consultancy offering.
Strategy & Delivery:
• Creation of short to long term strategic Consultancy plans by the EU Consultancy team, referencing the EU business vision to provide overall direction.
• Leading the consultancy element of assigned pitches and proposals working collaboratively with consultancy and research colleagues to develop innovative and appropriately costed approaches that win business.
• Reviewing project progress reports.
• As a point of escalation, provide expertise and training in client management, issue resolution and any other training needs of the team.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with peers in Market Research to support effective cross-functional project execution.
• Actively engage in own training and upskilling in understanding of consultancy approaches, proactively identifying development needs for yourself and your team.
• Support the consultancy team in the continuous identification/development, training and application of innovative and effective consulting tools and techniques to establish a clearly differentiated consultancy offering to clients.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum 4 years global healthcare experience with variety of Pharma and Life Science clients.
• Good understanding of Pharma drug development process.
• Basic appreciation of consulting tools and techniques with application to Pharma industry.
• Aptitude for winning new business and developing long-lasting client relationships.
• Proven ability to work in high performing teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
• Well-developed PowerPoint skills.
• Able to think strategically about Pharma business to support development of compelling and effective proposals for clients.
• Willingness to buy into and actively promote company philosophy and approach to consulting; clear purpose, clearly stated strategy, application of psychological research and principles with focus on the emotional as well as rational reasons for purchase decisions.
• Open collaborative style which combines drive and ambition with being a solid team player.
• Good influencing skills and able to work in a matrix environment without the need to rely on positional authority to get results.
• Intellectually curious and creative mindset that embraces innovation to underpin the continuous advancement of consulting approaches.
• Resilient under pressure and able to manage time and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Willing to travel on company business on an as needed basis.
• Willing to undertake further training to fulfil the requirements of the role.
• Flexible with working hours to meet commitments and business need.
• Life sciences and/or business.
• Pharma consulting experience.
• Pharma client-side experience.
• Hands on knowledge of consulting tools and techniques for use in Pharma.
• Understanding of principles of applied behavioral sciences.
• Understanding of commonly used market research approaches.
• For EU based consultancy – fluency in second major language (e.g., French, German, etc.).