SAP COE Program Manager Hartford, CT
Title: SAP Program Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Remote
Vignetic is looking for an SAP Program Manager who will lead the project implementation, readiness, discovery, design, configuration, and development activities, to ensure and support successful business adoption of new solutions, ongoing production support and post go-live enhancements. This role requires a strong understanding of SAP project implementation principles, proven project management experience and delivering high quality solutions through functional/technical development for the purpose of meeting overall business requirements.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and implement SAP functionalities per business requirements.
- Design and develop efficient, well-structured, and documented functional-technical solutions with an emphasis on SAP/4 HANA.
- Understand business processes and requirements by engaging with business partners at enterprise and division levels.
- Collaborate with peers in the Technology team to apply best practices to integrate with SAP and non-SAP-applications (ECC/BW).
- Manage implementation of complex interfaces to downstream systems.
- Build effective relationships within our matrixed organization with other Business Units to support change request solution design & testing.
- Provides administrative direction and supervision to non-direct reports.
- Provide strategic thought leadership on the definition and management of the SAP roadmap.
- Lead the transformation of SAP thru the re-engineering of extensive legacy business processes by implementing SAP based solutions.
- Deliver a robust and active portfolio of SAP-based project initiatives.
- Engage as an active leader across the multi-functional (finance, sales, manufacturing, quality, distribution, customer service) organization.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Expert level knowledge of SAP implementation methodology.
- Strong understanding of IT project management SDLC processes and methodologies, such as Waterfall, Agile Scrum and associated best practices.
- Proven experience completing assigned tasks on multiple projects with tight deadlines successfully.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills able to identify flexible and futuristic IT solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communications – ability to communicate to all levels of the organization, both business and IT.
- Some experience designing SAP.
- Must be able to communicate difficult messages with tact and respect.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, honestly, and respectfully, with all levels of personnel.
- Work closely with other departments to meet performance and scalability expectations for SAP environment.
- Assess up-and-coming SAP technology and create ideas and strategies for adoption.
- Design SAP solutions in support of the business request to improve or add functionality to the existing SAP landscape.
- Excellent track record and proven ability to produce effective, innovative solutions on an enterprise scale.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess interpersonal skills to engage and collaborate in a team environment.
- Self-starter to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge.
- Adherence to IT/SAP project methodologies and change control processes.
- Familiarity and comfort in working with a variety of support models with onsite & offshore resources.
- Willingness to work off business hours and weekends as required for production support when issues arise.
- Requires as-needed travel to project locations during different phases to ensure alignment with other teams.
- Minimum twelve (12) years SAP implementation experience as project/program manager
- Minimum four full life cycle SAP implementation projects
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business from an accredited institution or equivalent
- Passion and desire to make a difference matched by ingenuity, dedication, and pragmatism
- Clear written & verbal communication
- Respectful to peers