SAP Enterprise IT Program Manager Princeton, NJ
Title: Enterprise Capabilities IT Program Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Primary Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Vignetic is looking for an Enterprise Capabilities IT Program Manager who will be responsible for a variety of IT projects and programs focused on optimizing worldwide Enterprise Capabilities (EC) business processes.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Overseeing the planning and execution of Global IT projects and the delivery of project results.
• Directing project managers and cross-functional teams to achieve defined outcomes aligned with business strategy.
• Responsibility for internal stakeholder management and communications and the management of external IT vendors and establishing a strong partnership with stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
• Program financial management
• Working closely with the Business Sponsors to ensure proper alignment and governance.
• Ensuring the proper handover to the users and to the support colleagues in IT Operations.
• Focusing on ERP platform (SAP) and its related financial systems but also overseeing projects and programs for EC platforms for IT&D, Legal, HR, and other EC departments.
• Reports directly to the Head of IT Portfolio & Program Management in IT&D.
• Leads the development of the overall approach for the program, its major time frames, and the definition of its major deliverables to address and meet the desired goals and outcome.
• Leads regular interactions with the executive sponsor to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared vision for the program outcome.
• Establishes and ensures appropriate governance functions for the program in accordance with enterprise policies and practices.
• Directs the creation and maintenance of the required program documentation and artifacts.
• Develops and controls the program budget and manages expenditure within agreed spending plans.
• Ensures and balances the availability of the required skills and competencies across project teams within the program.
• Leads the development and maintenance of stakeholder mapping, communications, and reporting.
• Acts as an advisor and builds and maintains relationships across the wider stakeholder community.
• Leads the oversight of program projects’ execution, their progress compared with the plan and the production of agreed deliverables.
• Monitors and coordinates dependencies across the projects in the program and resolves conflicts.
• Directs or approves the establishment of a framework or guidelines for the use of contractors and professional service providers and determines their use across the program.
• Supports and facilitates agenda setting for program committee/board meetings.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• Master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field of study, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years’ experience in a strategic IT partner role
• Global consulting experience in/to the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry is preferred
• 10+ years of experience in IT business/industry
• Proven track record deploying SAP in progressive leadership roles across multiple end-to-end implementations
• Broad domain knowledge in SAP across functional modules, technology architecture and data management
• Experience in regulated environments, especially GxP, is required
• SAP S/4HANA experience preferred
• 5-7 years in diverse roles with increasing leadership responsibilities across major projects and programs
• Demonstrated experience in managing “upward” among senior leadership and leading teams
• A high degree of political sensitivity, astuteness, and the ability to use the informal power structure of the organization to achieve program success and overcome obstacles.
• Experience with at least one project/program management methodology, such as PRINCE2, or Agile etc.
• Deep understanding and curiosity towards current and emerging technologies
• A high level of empathy and the ability to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of temperaments and personalities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain and “sell” the program goals and objectives to the business, as well as technical leadership