SAP FI/CO Product Costing Lead New York, NY
Title: SAP FI/CO Product Costing Lead
Job Type: Full Time
Primary Location: East Coast (Remote) with 30% Travel
Vignetic is looking for a SAP Product Costing Lead who will serve as the primary contact in the delivery of customer requirements related to Finance business processes and Finance systems. As a Sr. Business Analyst, this position functions on the IT Delivery side of the IT organization, establishing and prioritizing all IT projects for Finance globally. Analyze and challenge business processes by comparing as-is processes with as-designed processes and alignment with Business Unit (BU) strategy. Drive continuous process improvement and simplification. Create buy in for innovations (processes, people/knowledge, IT systems). Prepare projects to develop and implement these improvements (scope, resources, business case, timing, buy in). Monitor progress, deliverables and reaching the objectives of these projects. Stay aligned with the BU governance structure (super users) and the IT Business Engineers.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Design, maintain, and enhance business processes and models in the Finance area.
• Configure IT applications to support new and enhanced processes and roles (includes documentation, training material, test scenario’s, working procedures).
• Create specifications to assist the application development team in the development of interfaces, data conversions, forms, reports, and enhancements.
• Evaluate new releases and functionality and recommend on the appropriateness.
• Perform day to day activities in SAP Product Costing in Finance Area & Project preparation (prepare business case, scope definition, high level project plan including milestones and estimates of required resources, set up governance structure / Business Ownership).
• Manage the day-to-day activities to deliver as promised (on quality, on time, on budget).
• Project Status Update based on the available template (bi-weekly or monthly, to be decided at project start). To be sent to Business Owner, IT Owner, and other stake holders.
• Project closures: sign off of Business Owner, handover to Support Organization, sign off of Project Intake Team, Use SAP Roadmap methodology (or make conscious decision not to).
• Should be able to configure Product Costing configuration experience with all aspects of Material Ledger- Parallel Valuation, Multi-currency Valuation & Actual Costing and COGS. Product configuration knowledge of the SAP FI-GL PCA and CCA.
• Responsibilities include, using knowledge of leading practices for accounting function. Should have strong insights to PCA and Production planning and profitability process areas
• Responsibilities include using knowledge of leading practices within the month end close and consolidation process as well as proven experience applying and maintaining internal controls.
• In addition to Product costing, the Consultant should also be able to understand BW and other reporting tools.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• SAP Product Costing & Material ledger
• In-depth knowledge Finance and Controlling functions including Cost Center Accounting (CCA), Profit Center Accounting (PCA) and understanding of the integration between FICO and other SAP modules i.e., SD/MM/PP/PS
• SAP FICO Experience in global environment
• Experience in business facing roles and knowledge of business and end-to-end development processes
• Communicate efficiently and effectively with both Business and IT
• 5-10 Years of experience
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, conceptual, verbal, and written communication skills.
• 5+ years Project management experience – operating as project manager or as part of a team organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation.
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to work on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks.
• Experience in communicating with users and stakeholders from multiple cultures.
• Willingness to travel 10% of the time to international locations.
• Excellent sense of cultural differences and interpersonal relations.