Senior Enterprise Backup and Recovery Engineer New Jersey, NJ
Title: Senior Enterprise Backup and Recovery Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: New Jersey
Our client is seeking applicants who can align platform and technical strategies with business vision and objectives through research, design, and architecture of new technologies. The Backup Recovery Engineer will also ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of enterprise backup systems, and monitor, maintain and optimize all system operations in a hybrid-cloud environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Supplying the design, engineering, and implementation of systems infrastructure.
- Maintaining operating systems and related software related to Backup and Recovery (B/R) environment.
- Leading enterprise systems environment related to Backup and Restore.
- Acting as a Level 3 (L3) Subject Matter Authority and resolving problems in the B/R environment.
- Collaborating with internal and external auditors as required.
- Coordinating with global operations teams (e.g. Linux/Windows/Database, SAP) to restore and recover data as needed,
- Evaluating & observing industry trends for in support of continuous improvement of recoverability capabilities
Essential skills and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
- Applying superb communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to identify, communicate and resolve issues.
- Strong analytical skills with a good background in data recovery, DR, on-premises as well as cloud (AWS, AZR, GCP)
- Ability to collaborate well is important as this role is global and you will need to liaison with folks across different time zones.
- Ability to work with and provide direction to vendors and consultants.
- Applicant should be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Applicant should demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, is able to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently and can meet timelines
- A demonstrable understanding of standard methodologies.
- Experience tracking and evaluating third party vendors (e.g., Commvault, Rubrik, Veritas) and the tools they deliver to support enterprise class backup and recovery environments.
- A thorough understanding of “immutable” data stores to protect enterprise data against ransomware cyber-attacks.
- Backup administration experience with Veritas Net-backup 8.x, 9.x, or 10.
- 5-7 years EMC Data Domain administration hardware and cloud systems required
- A consistent track record in installing, configuring, and administering Veritas NetBackup
- A validated experience using DR orchestration tools such as VMware’s Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- Prior experience in supporting global operations and following Enterprise level process frameworks
- Independent judgment and technical problem solving, decision-making
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Any experience deploying and running Rubrik backup tools.
- A consistent record in VMware virtualization platforms
- Experience leading backup/restore/DR in AWS or MS Azure