Senior Integration Engineer Jersey City, NJ
Title: Senior Integration Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
Vignetic is looking for a Senior Integration Engineer who will be hands-on with application implementation for various clients. This candidate will work closely with other team members to design, develop, and deploy integration solutions using Python and Apache Airflow.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including discovery, analysis, requirements definition, solution design, configuration, code development, testing, deployment, and support.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with client technical/non-technical stakeholders to gather and understand the requirements.
- Participate in setting standards for various stages in project lifecycle.
- Propose and implement new development standards that will help our team and organization scale.
- Modify legacy ETL pipelines and bring them up to our engineering standards.
- Understand and implement data security best practices.
- Participate in security reviews of integration landscape and solutions.
- Work on proof of concepts earlier in the project to ensure smooth implementation of the solution.
- Document the artifacts to ensure proper knowledge transfer within the team.
- Perform code reviews and provide meaningful feedback.
- Mentor junior developers and drive a culture of quality.
- Highlight risks and gaps early in the project lifecycle to identify the correct path forward.
- Evaluate new tools and technology to ensure an automated and stable environment.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience scaling a product in a high growth technology company
- Experience working in a TDD environment
- 5+ years of experience in developing integration solutions for clients using Python or a related language
- Experience working on NO SQL database like Couchbase, Mongo DB
- Hands-on experience in building solutions with AWS S3, Redshift
- Experience in building integration solutions with multiple cloud applications
- A clear understanding of Integration design patterns and the advantages of implementing them in a complex ecosystem
- Strong communication skills and experience working with internal and external partners
- A good knowledge of Agile methodologies and a proven ability to prioritize
- Experience managing a team to deliver in a sprint process
- Experience with RDBMS or a willingness/aptitude to learn
- Experience working with Apache Airflow to run ETL pipelines
- Experience working with Apache Kafka for event streaming
- Experience in the healthcare space