Senior IT Security Architect Princeton, NJ
Title: Senior IT Security Architect
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Princeton, NJ
Vignetic is looking for a looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, and pragmatic professional who has the capability to oversee the overall IT security architecture for infrastructure. The Senior IT Security Architect will work in several important IT infrastructure and business application projects in which infrastructure and information security requirements need to be combined into a security solution design. The Information Security Architect is required to have a very broad level of knowledge and expertise and is required to have a thorough understanding of technical security threats and risks, as well as expertise in defining roadmaps and setting priorities based on risk assessments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related technical field or equivalent work experience. Master’s level degree preferred.
- 7+ years of focused experience in information security and security architecture in particular.
- Substantial professional training in security, with corresponding certifications (e.g. SEC+ CE, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP, CISSP).
- 5+ years of experience in network, application, or infrastructure security including a mix of hands-on technical work along with compliance and leadership responsibilities.
- 5+ years of experience with AWS / Microsoft Azure cloud solutions and services, of which 3+ years of experience in AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud security infrastructure architecture, services, and solutions.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of security technologies and security threats.
- Solid experience with common security and compliance frameworks (e.g., ISO, HIPAA, NIST, COBIT, CSA, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience in a Pharma / Biotech company.
- Demonstrated experience in working in multinational organization and virtual teams.
- Demonstrated experience of influencing key stakeholders across the organization and within complex contexts.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Design and implement security architectures (both Native and/or Third party) for different infrastructure and cloud options (Public, Private and Hybrid).
- Represent the security team in development and implementation of the overall global enterprise IT and Cloud architecture.
- Act as an IT infrastructure and cloud security Subject Matter Expert for designsand deployments of infrastructure architectures and IaaS/PaaS/SaaS cloud and DevOps environments.
- Evaluating current and future security-related requirements and developing or recommending technical and operational solutions accordingly.
- Perform threat modelling and design reviews to assess security implications of infrastructure redesigns and cloud adoption.
- Work with infrastructure services and application development organizations to choose appropriate infrastructure and cloud security technology solutions.
- Research and evaluate new technologies to provide more efficient and effective solutions.
- Deliver presentation to IT and business representatives on security technologies and industry trends.
- Display leadership and business judgment in anticipating business/project needs and developing alternative solutions.
- Excellent knowledge and insight into business and organizational processes; experience in working in a biotech or pharmacological company is a must.
- Excellent contact skills being able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders and to deal with the different interests in the organization.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills.
- Ability to build consensus, making decisions based on many variables, and gain support for major initiatives.
- Strong sense of self, ethics, and effort, as well as the willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals.
- Good understanding of current and emerging cyber security and privacy regulations and practices, and how other enterprises are employing them.
- Experience tracking, measuring, and communicating the quality of risk management processes and controls applicable to the IT department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain regulatory requirements to IT leaders.
- Strong soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.