Senior Manager, Data Engineer Princeton, NJ
Title: Senior Manager, Data Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: New Jersey
Our client is seeking an applicant who will partner with business analytics, data science and platform engineering teams to design, build and maintain data pipelines & structures to facilitate reporting, predictive alerts and AI / ML solutions from conceptual / experimental stage to production deployment. Collaborating across disciplines, you will design and implement data products, ETL/ELT strategy, automation frameworks and scalable data pipelines. This person will be based out of Princeton, NJ and will be onsite 60% of the time.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop cutting-edge digital products, using existing and emerging technology platforms including but not limited to AWS, Databricks, Snowflake, Informatica, Collibra etc.
- Partner with business and technical stakeholders to understand data and solution requirements and build re-usable data assets.
- Engage with cross functional business & data science stakeholders on agile prototyping to demonstrate the art of possible and find creative solutions for complex data use cases.
- Act as the technical expert on analytics/ETL/ELT related solutions, tools, and technologies.
- Participate in sprint planning process and assist in managing backlog/prioritization in JIRA boards along with robust documentation in confluence.
- Engage with vendor resources on various development projects and provide solution oversight to ensure best practices are followed.
- Lead data model designs & use a variety of ETL / ELT strategies and tooling including Big Data & cloud native technologies for building and operationalizing data structures and pipelines.
- Manage & maintain stakeholder relationships in a cross functional environment to collaborate on operational issues, support & projects.
- Ensure data products meets both the client’s quality and compliance guidelines as well as Industry regulations including GDPR.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of ETL/ ELT / orchestration & data wrangling tools, technologies & industry trends that may be of interest and beneficial to the client.
- Participate and provide inputs on D&A strategy related to capabilities & services, team planning & budgets.
Essential skills and requirements:
- A Bachelor’s/master’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 6 – 8 years of experience in designing & building data engineering pipelines, including CI/CD, ETL/ELT development, data modeling and modern data warehouse implementation.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience including product delivery leveraging agile frameworks and delivery models.
- Must have hands on experience with analytical tools/platforms like Databricks, Informatica Intelligent Cloud Services (IICS) & native AWS services including Glue, Lambda etc. Experience with snowflake a plus.
- Strong familiarity with scripting languages like Python. Experience with R a plus.
- Good understanding of dimensional data models with in-depth experience in data analysis & query optimization via engines such as Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Athena, and Aurora.
- Expert knowledge of data architectures to enable Data Lakes, Data Warehouses and Data Mart implementations.
- Nice to have familiarity with data preparation & governance tools like Alteryx, Trifacta, Collibra etc.
- Experience working with GxP and non-GxP data is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of employees ranging from entry level to senior leadership.
- Good knowledge & understanding of Agile delivery management & DevOps.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams on various projects and processes.
- Experience in providing oversight & guidance to external managed services providers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire for continuous learning with a coaching mindset.