Senior Network Engineer New Jersy, NJ
Title: Senior Network Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: New Jersey (Hybrid)
Our client is seeking a Network Engineer who will be responsible for day-to-day operations, development and integration of existing and future complex, cross-functional, comprehensive network infrastructures. Actively participates and collaborates with various groups across enterprise to coordinate day to day operations/changes/deployments to meet technology, regulatory and security challenges including competitive opportunities and situations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Change Management – analyze user request for changes and updates, schedule and deploy the required changes/updates.
- Day to day operational support for Corporate Network, firewall/VPN infrastructure, load balancers and DNS infrastructure, on-boarding/off-boarding devices and client cross connects.
- Embeds Information Security and Risk Management principles within culture requiring continuous improvement to complex functions to coordinate security and compliance risks related to information systems and assets. Drives coordination, consensus and execution to mitigate risk, issues and emerging threats in mission-critical environments.
- Vulnerability assessments, and work with internal teams and vendors to find out solutions.
- Participates in the evaluation of emerging technologies on an ongoing basis, determines needs and makes recommendations for new technologies and vendor solutions based on network vision and strategy, leveraging latest industry developments.
- Provides subject matter expertise in interactions with engineering, stakeholders and partners; program-manages collaboration projects internally and externally.
- Collaborates with our high-performing network engineering team and works to achieve departmental and/or project-oriented goals.
- Participate in on-call support of 24×7 operations of colo and enterprise-wide network infrastructure.
Essential skills and requirements:
- Knowledge and experience on routing, switching, network troubleshooting and best practices.
- Extensive Knowledge and experience on TCP/IP, packet capture analysis, Network security and Firewalls/VPNs, load balancers, DNS.
- Knowledge on Cooperate wireless access, VoIP/call manager systems would be plus.
- Team and detail oriented, open and collaborative work ethic with a well-developed sense of ownership and responsibility, flexible, adaptable and easy to work with.
- Technical maturity to operate in highly controlled environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective and responsive interaction with both internal teams and external clients.
- Ability to understand complex networking and business concepts and translate them into clear, concise and complete solutions.