Senior Project Manager (Infrastructure Services) Paramus, New Jersey
Title: Senior Project Manager (Infrastructure Services)
Job Type: Contract
Primary Location: Paramus, New Jersey
Vignetic is looking for a Senior Project Manager who will plan, execute, and finalize projects with high quality deliverables according to deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors to deliver solutions according to plan.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work with executives and senior leaders to create and maintain a plan to achieve the strategic vision and objectives of the project.
- Partner with business and technology partners to define project scope, design solutions and create other deliverables that support business goals.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, track financials, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Identify and mitigate risks, resolve issues, or escalate through proper channels.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths.
- Plan, schedule and maintain project milestones using appropriate tools and project team meetings.
- Produce regular status and ad hoc reports for the Steering Committee and other audiences.
- Partner with business to coordinate user acceptance testing, communications, and training.
- Ensure and/or develop required documentation on projects, including deliverables to describe installation, support model and operating procedures.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- This position requires PMP, or other project management certification required.
- Must have experience with infrastructure – networks, servers, data center knowledge.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications; persuasive and motivating.
- Ability to drive discussions to elicit vision, goals, requirements and other business information from executives and management Strong understanding of project and software development life cycles (i.e., PMLC, SDLC; Waterfall, Iterative; SCRUM, etc.).
- Understanding of infrastructure systems, networks, Cloud, personal computing, system engineering, information risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in work products as well as manage a range of activities in a busy, fast-changing operating environment.
- Strong analytical skills applied to understanding business functionality, technical solutions, and support requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft or Google Suite of Applications, especially Excel or Sheets.
- Experience in Utilities (water or electric) industries preferred.
- Experienced in major infrastructure and application deployment projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field. BA, PMP, ITIL certification preferred.
- 7 years of technology project management experience working closely with technology teams, the business and third-parties.
- Experience leading business technology discussions, projects and programs including coordinating meetings and presenting project deliverables.
- Experience working in a PMO structured environment with standard documentation and tools.