Senior Software Developer Princeton, NJ
Title: Sr. Software Developer
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: 100% remote until return-to-office determined (Princeton, NJ)
Vignetic is looking for a highly dedicated, motivated, and passionate Senior Software Developer who can use the right tools to find the best solutions to problems. As part of the scrum team, you will play an important role in all aspects of client support.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, development, and documentation of software.
- Support strategic architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance, and function.
- Diagnose root cause of defects/issues and implement software solutions.
- Provide on-call support for AWS cloud-deployed services as part of a DevOps team.
- Write unit test code to automatically test the key parts of the system.
- Works closely with test engineers to review requirements and system designs and plan for both manual and automated testing.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computing Science or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience in the computing industry
- Prior experience with Java / Kotlin
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design and data structures
- Strong experience in Cloud (AWS), SaaS, and Microservices architecture and design
- Strong experience in NoSQL Databases like DynamoDB
- Strong experience in API design
- Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Actively participate in an Agile/Scrum environment and on all tasks
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work well in an Agile scrum environment
- Skill to quickly learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and architecture design, working with database technologies such as DynamoDB, as well as Protocol Buffers and Parquet
- Ad tech industry knowledge a plus
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Experience writing complex structured SQL queries
- Scripting languages and technologies like Python, Groovy, Bash, XML, etc.
- SCM and CI tools like Git, Gerrit, Bitbucket pipelines and Jenkins
- Strong experience with Gradle
- Strong experience with Terraform
- Strong experience in JUnit, Mockito and Guice
- ALM tools like Confluence and JIRA
- Software development and code analysis tools
- Protocol Buffers and gRPC.
Physica Requirements & Notes:
- This is a conscious, clean, well-organized, and supportive office environment.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer are normal.
- All candidates must pass a compliance background screening and drug test.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States.