Senior Tax Manager Princeton, New Jersey
Title: Senior Tax Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Vignetic is looking for a Senior Tax Manager to help shape and support growing global tax operation. This role reports to the Tax Director and has a focus on US tax operations and a broad range of tax matters related to corporation and/or partnership structures.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Prepare group tax provisions for interim and year-end financial reporting.
- Assess the uncertain tax positions and evaluate the valuation allowance.
- Review the corporate and partnership tax returns for Federal, state, and US international purposes.
- Coordinate the preparation, review, and filing of quarterly income tax installments.
- Assist in tax research and analysis to advise business on the tax accounting treatment and tax structuring related to collaboration agreements with external business partners and other corporate transactions.
- Assist in special projects to support key corporate initiatives, business operations, and strategic tax planning platforms.
- Assist in monitoring group transfer pricing models as well as analyzing the adjustments of intercompany transactions.
- Manage all aspects of state income, franchise, and indirect tax matters including working with co-sourcing firms to enhance sales & use tax process and procedures.
- Assist in implementing new tax technology solutions to interface with ERP system.
- Assist with internal/external audits, ensure effectiveness of SOX controls, and maintain compliance with tax policies.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/Finance required; CPA/Master’s degree in Taxation preferred.
- 7+ years of experience working in a corporate tax department and/or a Big 4 accounting firm and possess a solid technical knowledge of US tax law.
- Exhibit attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with OneSource Tax Provision, OneSource Income Tax, and SAP S4/HANA preferred.
- Experience with data automation tools such as Power BI or Alteryx a plus.