Software Developer Java Back End Princeton, NJ
Title: Software Developer – Java, Back-End
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: 100% Remote until return-to-office determined (Princeton, NJ)
Vignetic is seeking for a Software Developer who can use the right tools to find the best solutions to problems. As part of the scrum team, you will play an important role in all aspects of product development- design, development, integration, and testing.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop well-designed, testable, and efficient infrastructure as code according to specifications.
- Write functional and unit test code to automatically test key parts of the system.
- Implement CI/CD software solutions per product requirements with tools such as Gerrit, BitBucket, GIT, or Jenkins.
- Work closely with test engineers to review requirements, system designs and plan for both manual and automated testing in a Linux environment.
- Provide on-call support for AWS and GCP cloud-deployed services as part of a DevOps team.
- Investigate field issues, support production systems, and diagnose root causes of defects/issues working with ALM tools such as Confluence or JIRA.
- Collaborate within and outside your scrum team in a resourceful and flexible manner with shell scripting and using utilities like SED, AWK, etc.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Three plus years’ experience in the computing industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong experience with Python, Groovy or Perl scripting.
- Strong Java / C++ development skills with at least three years’ experience.
- Experience developing serverless solutions in the AWS Cloud.
- Support a SaaS environment to meet service objectives.
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work well in an Agile scrum environment.
- Skill to quickly learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and analytics, and algorithms, working with database technologies such as DynamoDB, MemcacheDB, or Redis as well as Protocol Buffers and Parquet.
- Build tools such as Gradle or Maven.
- Containerization with Docker.
- JFrog Artifactory.
- Developing and deploying RESTful web services.
- Industry knowledge of cable or satellite.
Physical Requirements & Notes:
- This is a conscious, clean, well-organized, and supportive office environment.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer are normal.
- All candidates must pass a successful background screening (including professional reference checks and drug testing).
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States (Visa sponsorship is not available for this position).