SQL AWS Database Administrator Remote, Remote
Title: SQL AWS Database Administrator
Job Type: Contract or W2
Primary Location: 100% Remote USA (East Coast or Central)
Length of Assignment: 1 year
Our client is seeking applicants for a Database Administrator on the client’s Enterprise Architecture and Applications Team, you’ll provide expertise, mentoring and leadership in the areas of database administration and maintenance of both on-premises and cloud SQL databases including migrations, installations, upgrades, permissions, backups, performance tuning, monitoring, database deployments, support and documentation of standards and procedures of all supported environments.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the database administrative tasks and production deployments in support of the various applications
- Implement SQL migrations on the on-perm servers and AWS RDS instances
- Create and manage the automation of database tasks and administrative functions
- Designs, documents, implements, and monitors backup, restore and recovery processes
- Enforce and document the database policies, procedures, and standards in compliance with company regulations and best practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, connection, log shipping and security issues
- Provide support and guidance on capacity planning, high availability solutions such as replication, synchronization and clustering and upgrade strategies
- Continually investigate methods to improve database operations, performance, security both on premise and AWS
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities
Essential skills and requirements:
- At least 3-5 years of DBA(Production) experience on Windows and/or Linux database Systems with implementations, upgrades, migrations, and consolidation of clusters.
- Solid knowledge of database concepts such as relational data modelling, performance tuning, data replication and backup/recovery techniques.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server 2014/2016/2019 and AWS RDS (PostgreSQL, SQL Server) databases, operational data stores and data warehouse.
- Working knowledge of SQL programming and writing SQL queries and stored procedures
- Strong understanding of SQL code with the ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated working experience with AWS RDS, Linux, EC2, AWS CLI, Cloud Watch, Secret Manager, IAM, Event Bridge, AWS Lambda, SNS, Git, Jira, Confluence.
- Experience in automating database tasks using SQL, Shell scripting, Python.
- Familiar with Service Now Incident Management processes.
- Must be highly collaborative and be able to work in a team environment, with technical and business members.
- Desirable skills in ETL/ELT tools, data lakes, S3
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Relevant SQL DBA certification and AWS certification is preferred