Sr. Manager Cybersecurity Ops Jersey City, New Jersey
Title: Sr Manager Cybersecurity Operations
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
Vignetic is looking for a highly skilled Sr Manager of Cybersecurity Operations who will oversee the Security Operations Center MSSP and provide ongoing threat hunting, incident response, forensic examination, malware analysis, and remediation consulting.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage security events within the following cybersecurity domains: Threat Intelligence, Security Analytics, Network, Advanced Fraud, Identify and Access management, Cloud and Mobile Environments, Application / Data / Endpoint monitoring.
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, escalating, and responding to cyber-attacks and assist in maturing overall program.
- Interface with stakeholders to address concerns, issues, or escalations; track and drive to closure any issues that impact the service and its value to stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage implementation improvements to our business processes, methodologies, and communication methods.
- Provide expert experience building information security programs to include hands-on implementation and/or assessment of security controls.
- Provide expert in-depth knowledge in collecting, analyzing, and escalating security events, responding to computer security incidents, and/or collecting, analyzing, and disseminating cyber threat intelligence.
- Document stakeholder needs across business units and use them to drive strategic methodologies.
- Managing 3-4 internal staff as well as be the direct point of contact for an external service provider.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- 7-10 years’ experience in a hands-on technical role within Information Security
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with L1/L2/L3 operational support involving all aspects of the monitoring, response, and triage of cybersecurity events
- Experience with the critical tools used in security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis, or other areas of security operations
- Thorough understanding of cyber security operations, event monitoring, and SIEM tools
Fundamental understanding of network protocols
- Familiarity with Unix and Windows operating systems and administrative tools
- Understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices, including Windows, Mac, Linux, and network equipment