Strategic Initiatives, Senior Analyst Newark, New Jersey
Title: Strategic Initiatives, Senior Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Newark, New Jersey (Candidate must live in NJ, NY, PA, CT, or DE)
Vignetic is looking for Strategic Initiatives, Senior Analyst who will report to the Manager of Strategic Initiatives and will be a key contributor across a wide range of strategic projects. The senior analyst is responsible for managing project workstreams, conducting qualitative and quantitative data collection, performing analyses, and developing content to support strategic initiatives. The incumbent must be able to present complex topics to senior audiences, develop strong cross-functional working relationships, and manage successful knowledge transfer to business units.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage project workstreams with guidance from supervisor.
- Use hypothesis-driven approaches, and proven models and frameworks to structure analyses.
- Perform analyses and develop content to support strategic recommendations.
- Synthesize findings and translate complex analytical concepts into simplified and understandable findings/recommendations.
- Create storyboards and develop sections within a deck.
- Presents complex topics to senior audiences comfortably and effectively.
- Develop strong, cross-functional working relationships.
- Manage successful knowledge transfer to business units to ensure proper implementation.
Essential Skills& Qualifications:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate the ability to work well within a team.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking (i.e., able to think about major industry trends including consumers, competitors, health care delivery system, impact of technology, impact of regulation, etc.).
- Exhibit energetic, inquisitive, positive approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrate time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities, deliver timely and accurate work products with a customer service focus, and respond with a sense of urgency as required.
- Must be client service focused with effective ability to empathize.
- Possess the ability to plan and execute work including research, competitive analysis, financial analysis.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply learning to new situations. Must exhibit flexibility to change as appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in large and small group settings.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to ask probing questions and obtain thorough and relevant information.
- Proven analytical, research and problem-solving skills a must.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions with little need for direction and to function effectively as a team-oriented, self-starter working across cross-functional lines.
- Must be able to share own professional insights, expertise, and knowledge to develop critical thinking across the business.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company standards, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or relevant work experience required in lieu of degree.
- 2-3 years of experience with a top management consulting firm or 3+ years of equivalent industry experience required.
For internal candidates above-expectations performance in SIG Analyst role.
- 2-3 years of experience in key consulting methodologies (e.g., hypothesis driven approach) and business modeling.
- 2-3 years of experience conducting independent research and designing actionable results.
- 2 years of experience analyzing, understanding, and translating business needs into business/technical requirements.
- Understanding of key consulting methodologies and business modeling.
- Knowledge of Health Care Reform and its impact on the industry preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and supporting software in a Windows based environment, including MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Should be knowledgeable in the use of intranet and internet applications.
Travel (If applicable)