Strategic Sourcing Technology AVP Miami, Florida
Title: AVP – Strategic Sourcing/Category Management – Technology
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Miami, Florida
Our client’s Global Procurement department seeks a highly motivated, intelligent, self-starter with excellent communication and hands-on skills to review, negotiate, manage, and close various technology and managed service agreements, statements of work and order forms.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work with technology team leads to understand requirements, prioritization, and timing as well as operational/functional expectations of products/services, negotiate pricing terms and review/negotiate vendor agreements/statements of work and order forms.
- Suggest changes (mark ups) and propose alternative language with the goal to come to agreement by both parties.
- Effectively manage the sourcing queue, expected delivery dates and priorities of outstanding contracts/agreements/orders.
- Track priorities and tasks – and follow up with vendors and internal/external legal teams.
- Recommend and propose alternative approaches and the way forward for difficult negotiations.
- Develop effective vendor relationships that last after the execution of the agreements.
- Analyze proposals/quotes and develop reports using metrics. Present the information is easy to understand tables/spreadsheets.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration; an MBA would be a plus.
- 5-8+ years’ experience with technology procurement engagements with an ability to effectively interpret and work with technology-based contract terms and related documents such as Cloud based, End User License, Subscription, managed services, and maintenance agreements.
- Proven technology market knowledge and pricing/contract language negotiation skills. Knowledge and experience with GDPR, DPAs and DPIAs are a plus.
- Experience developing and maintaining project schedules and delivering completed work product on time in a fast-paced environment – sometimes working with vague information.
- Experience in reviewing and effectively editing scopes of work, price sheets, etc.
- Strong decision-making & problem-solving skills, excellent oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to maintain effective relationships internally and externally with a strong customer service orientation.
- Comfortable using Electronic Procurement and sourcing tools such as Coupa.
- Demonstrated experience with standard business software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365, Coupa, etc.