VP Strategic Sourcing Category Manager Miami, Florida
Title: VP – Strategic Sourcing/Category Manager (Corporate Services, HR, and Finance)
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Miami, Florida
Our client’s Procurement department seeks a highly motivated, intelligent, self-starter with excellent communication and hands on skills to manage a spend across the Corporate Services (Facilities and related services), Human Resources and Finance categories. The category manager is a sourcing professional, negotiator, and project manager accountable for end-end sourcing and contracting.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead the sourcing and contract award process for Corporate Services, Human Resources and Finance spend categories.
- Develop global sourcing strategies to deliver against business objectives for internal clients.
- Proactively identify (through analysis and business unit partnerships), develop, and execute on sourcing opportunities driving cost savings, cost avoidance, risk reduction, enhanced business outcomes and process improvements, and improved service meeting current and future business and category needs.
- Lead negotiations with new or potential suppliers, as well as current suppliers (for renewals); negotiations including pricing and commercial terms as well as legal terms, working with our legal team.
- Establish trusting relationships with senior level leadership and internal business partners; building a robust understanding of strategic business direction, requirements, and priorities across spend categories.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and benchmarking analysis; leveraging key-insights to inform and support the category strategy development process.
- Manage the fundamentals of sourcing and supplier engagement activities including RFx, spend pattern analysis, contract analysis, bid evaluation, negotiations, and supplier consolidation.
- Prepare and coordinate business reviews with stakeholders to review vendor performance, future opportunities, and/or challenges.
- Embrace factbased decision making; leverage and/or integrate market or benchmark data, spend analytics, and cost modelling.
- Manage preferred provider relationships; develops plans with providers that support business goals and strategies and drive continuous improvement.
- Develop performance-based scorecards and monitors, documents, and evaluates supplier performance.
- Lead the resolution of disputes with suppliers.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- 7-12+ years of indirect Strategic Sourcing experience with strong Subject Matter Proficiency within the Corporate Services, HR, and Finance business areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration; an MBA would be a plus
- Tenacious negotiator with proven experience in setting negotiation strategies and conducting negotiations.
- Strong ability to conduct eSourcing events (RFxs, Auctions, etc) with minimal guidance. Knowledge of Ariba eSourcing and Ariba Spend Analytics is a plus.
- Expert-level financial and analytical skills; embraces fact-based decision making while leveraging market or benchmark data, spend analytics, and cost modelling.
- Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders and maintain successful working relationships with business leaders.
- High degree of personal gravitas and ability to lead meetings, keep them on track and take actions to closure.
- Extremely customer-focused, taking the time to understand the needs of the business.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; comfortable and credible with both internal stakeholders and external audiences.
- Passionate self-starter with the highest level of integrity and ethical standards.