VP, Technology Sourcing Manager Miami, Florida
Title: Global Procurement – Technology Sourcing Manager – Vice President
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Miami, FL
Our client’s Global Procurement department seeks a highly motivated, intelligent, pragmatic, self-starter with excellent communication skills to manage and provide hands-on skills to review, negotiate, manage, and close various technology and managed service agreements, statements of work and order forms.
- Manage a team of technology sourcers that partner with client’s Technology & Innovations team to deliver value on negotiations for new technology goods and services, market data products and services and to manage renewals
- Work closely with multiple CTOs and stakeholders to develop, and then manage the sourcing queue, based on project prioritization and impact to the business.
- Develop a technology sourcing strategy.
- Develop and distribute recurring reports to stakeholders to provide transparency on project/transaction progress and ability to meet SLAs.
- Lead the team to develop and review sourcing strategies, manage SLAs, and propose alternative approaches and the way forward for difficult negotiations – to overcome blockers, obstacles, and bottlenecks.
- Lead larger impact projects – new purchases and renewals, including negotiating pricing terms and reviewing/negotiating vendor agreements/statements of work and order forms.
- Develop team of technology sourcers – providing continuous feedback, coaching, and mentoring
- Develop effective vendor relationships that persist after the execution of the agreements.
- Assist the Technology & Innovations team to develop technology procurement business cases for executive approvals.
- Guide users through the firm’s sourcing and vendor onboarding processes.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or Business Administration; an MBA would be a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with technology procurement engagements with an ability to effectively interpret and work with technology-based contract terms and related documents such as SaaS or cloud-based data/licenses/subscriptions, software licenses, market data subscriptions, managed services, professional services and maintenance/support agreements.
- Proven technology market knowledge and pricing/contract language negotiation skills. Knowledge and experience with data privacy regulations (such as GDPR and US consumer data protection acts) as well as DPAs and DPIAs are a plus.
- Prior experience developing and maintaining project schedules and delivering on schedule in a dynamic environment – sometimes working with vague information.
- Prior experience in reviewing and effectively editing scopes of work, price sheets, etc.
- Possess strong decision-making & problem-solving skills, excellent oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to maintain effective relationships internally and externally with a strong customer service orientation.
- Comfortable will sourcing tools such as Ariba and Coupa.
- Has demonstrated experience with standard business software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.