Workday Configuration Senior Analyst New Brunswick, NJ
Title: Workday Configuration Senior Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Remote (Middlesex, NJ)
Vignetic is looking for a Workday Configuration Senior Analyst who will play a pivotal role in People System projects, including Workday product configuration, reports development, HR data integration projects and data management. This position will be a Workday subject matter expert and works closely with internal HR, IT staff, and business leaders to effectively meet the HR technology needs of the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The Senior Analyst, People Systems will be an expert in Workday configurations and take on a functional lead role in the execution of HR technology projects. He/she will report to the Senior Director, People Systems and will work closely with the external vendor teams, internal leadership, IT teams and end users and be overall responsible for the day – to – day Workday support for the global HR team.
- The Senior Analyst will have deep knowledge, expertise, and configuration responsibilities in one or more areas of Core HCM, Security, Benefits, Absence, Payroll and Recruiting areas. Responsible for supporting the People Services team and HR business partners for activities related to HR. Should possess strong knowledge in core HCM and preferably good knowledge in one or more areas in Compensation, Benefits, Absence, Payroll and Recruiting.
- Provide day-to-day support for HR systems and ensure that HR data is captured, recorded, modified and/or updated in the relevant systems and/or files. Ensure that confidential data is maintained in secure manner.
- The Senior Analyst will be responsible for creating Reports for HR teams and company leadership as needed. Support year-end Compensation module launches, Open Enrollment, and other HR annual cycle activities. Ideal candidates to have Workday certification in HCM, Benefits or Absence.
- Act as the functional lead and point of contact for US and global Payroll integrations, troubleshoot Benefits Integration feeds from Workday functional perspective as well as other Workday integration feeds in liaison with the Application managed services vendor. Partner with IT teams supporting Workday Integrations.
- Experience working on Workday Extend platform projects will be a plus.
- Within the project, he/she will foster a genial work environment, ensure that information is effectively communicated among all team members and that clear guidelines exist for project.
- The incumbent will possess a strong knowledge of Workday HR system and preferable a good working knowledge of a payroll system such as ADP and a case management tool such as ServiceNow.
- Prioritizes workday deliverables based on criticality and be able to support multiple HR teams and set expectations for all Workday deliverables. Provide training to new HR business partners and interval People Service team members as needed.
- Follows internal IT Change Management protocols including creation of Change Requests for any system changes; and best practices for documentation and testing; follow SOX compliance guidelines and ensure highest confidentiality of employee personnel data.
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
Minimum level of education and years of relevant work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and a minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in HR technology role in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related environment.
Special Knowledge or Certificates Required:
- Direct and demonstrated Workday experience, preferably at least 3 to 5 years including experience being part of large, complex, enterprise wide, Workday HRIS projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including extensive/applied experience using MS Project and SharePoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-past, matrixed, team environment consisting of interval and external team members.
- Strong Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects.
Knowledge and Certificates Preferred:
- Experience with Workday HRIS
- Workday certification