Workday HCM Director Chicago, IL
Title: Workday HCM Director
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: All Major Cities
Our client is seeking a management professional, someone who can work as part of a team of problem solvers and help to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognize their strengths and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyze complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm’s/client’s expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarizing key points.
- Uphold the firm’s code of ethics and business conduct.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Core Human Capital Management functions as applicable to Workday
- Business processes related to Workday
- Specialist domain knowledge for each area within Workday to the business
- Level 2 Support Groups
- Level 3 specialist for challenging incidents that cannot be resolved at Level 2
- Human Capital reporting/analytics
- Supporting the art of possible discussions with territories around future functionality
- Training support in another functional domain in order to provide coverage for illness, vacations, increase in demand, and succession plans
- Acting as a Business Process administrator by making any changes approved by governance across functional domains
- Supporting Global Process Owners and Centers of Excellence within the business on proposed changes being requested by the network, either due to regulatory reasons or as a result of Workday Releases
- Demonstrating extensive written and oral communication skills
- Working in a fast-paced high-tech environment
- Managing senior stakeholders
- Influencing groups to achieve the desired outcome
- Working and delivering work in a global/virtual team environment
- Presenting to groups virtually and in person
- Possessing a Workday certification in the relevant domain
- Working in an HR role or in supporting HR Systems and business processes
- Analyzing and drilling down into requirements to establish that a request is fully understood and documented