Workday HRIS Senior Manager Princeton, New Jersey
Title: Workday HRIS Senior Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Vignetic is looking for a Senior Manager, Workday/HRS Business Analyst who will be a member of the HCM Workday Center of Excellence, support business users and Business Leads to work with Workday and ensure that all HR systems are maximized regarding their usage. This role will focus on Core Functionality and lead the Compensation & Benefits stream within the Center of Excellence, reporting directly to the Associate Director of HR Systems.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide user level/process lead level Workday support and guidance, advising on solutions and guiding discussions.
- Deliver customer service excellence by investigating, effective troubleshooting, resolving incidents and requests whilst managing expectations and communications.
- Provide Workday cross-functional expertise/knowledge to the business and other members of the team, including complex data management queries and advanced reporting requirements.
- Be part of the HCM Workday Committee, to review all Change Requests and Project Work.
- Understand the business context for the HR processes that are enabled by Workday.
- Manage escalations through to resolution across a number of teams including 3rd party vendors [including system integrations]. Work with the Associate Director HRS and Business Leads to implement change requests.
- Proactively identify training requirements for individual end users and teams, create and update training manuals, process documents and policies where necessary.
- Manage Workday Releases, review activities and recommendations for business with regards to system enhancements and/or changes.
- Work with the Business Leads to understand business needs and requirements to support an effective ongoing governance model.
- Manage Workday Improvement Projects to introduce new functionality or changes to support optimized HR processes.
- Manage End-to-End Deployment Projects and act as single point of contact with the business for all matters related to solution design, business process, configuration, and testing and data migration for the site/s being deployed.
- Ensure compliance with data privacy and governance model.
- Work in a decentralized structure, with multiple stakeholders.
- Elicit requirements using solution design documents, business process description by driving and challenging business units on their assumptions.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ensure positive vibe on Workday user experiences and manage negative feedback.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration or related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 6+ years of experience with supporting / implementing Workday technology or similar application.
- Support experience in Core HCM, Compensation and US Benefits is a must.
- Implementation or Support experience in Absence Management, Learning, Recruiting or Talent would be highly desirable.
- Proven experience in business process analysis, eliciting and elaborating business requirements, and drafting system design specifications, business process mapping, ability to drive to closure and resolution of complex system issues.
- Experience within internal-client focused environment and support oriented role Experience in servicing a wide range of internal inquiries from a diverse group, delivering professional and timely resolution.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to identify root cause and permanent resolution.
- Experience with driving training and managing knowledge sharing activities.
- Experience of working and driving change in a multi-cultural, multi-regional environment.
- Excellent understanding of capabilities of Workday
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Ability to work in a small team with minimal supervision
- Able to build strong business user relationships
- Excellent communication and change management skills
- Confidence and good presentation skills
- Fluent in English, other languages advantageous but not essential